Children's Toys

Chilren's toys, silly toys, unusual toys, unique toys and toys you won't find at wal-mart or toys-r-us.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Antworks Ant Farm Review

Antworks Ant Farm Reviews 5 of 5 Stars! 03/01/2006 Reviewer: Lori Stephens I bought Antworks Ant Farm for Christmas for my children. BOY are we glad we did. After the first day, the ants had burrowed down to floor of the antworks. Less than a week since placing the ants in the habitat, they have created a system of tunnels and chambers that have 4 ground entrances and a mound with several tunnels on the surface. My hubby and I have spent as much time ant-gazing as the kids have. It is SO neat to watch these ants work. I recommend buying it! 3 of 5 Stars! Reviewer: Ray De Bruijn I got this product as a Christmas present. I waited until the Spring came to collect the Ants, so my gift was on the shelfdesk for 3 months. OK then I got 10 ants from my garden and followed the instruction in the manual. After about 3 hours, 1 ant was missing, I thought 'hey, were is he gone'. Then later another one went missing! This was a mystery: then I found out that they were escaping through the air-holes! little buggers! Then most of them cuddled up in the corner and other tried to litterally lift the lid off. I also think that some just wanted to get through the white foam that seals the container. I had made the holes required but they didnt do much for the first week. I then thought ok, I'll leave them alone for another week, so I came back after the week and alittle more goo was gone, but the holes became wider, not deeper and I had lost 4 ants, I had only had 4 left. So I aired the container, but I only found 3. I was quite disappointed with this product as maybe the ants from the garden are not suitable for this experimental container. I now got some more ants, but it turns out, the same situation has occurred, escaping ants. I think its cruel to seal the airholes, they need to breath right? or if I open it once a week, that should be enough! Antworks Illuminator Review for Antworks Illuminator Posted 12/19/2005 by F. Hochberg In my opinion, Antworks is incomplete without the Antworks Illuminator. The Illuminator turns Antworks into a nightlight and makes the gel glow a cool neon blue. Review of Antworks Illuminator Posted 12/11/2005 by Susan Claseman We purchased this for a gift, but it looked way to cool to wrap without having a closer look. I loved the little booklet inside that tells about the different ants. I know my nephew will stare at night into this and watch a world moving. A very cool addition Posted 10/20/2005 by Celeste Crotts This is one of the coolest items ever!!! It allows you to see your ants clearly day or night, Plus it seems as if the ants are digging toward the lights. It is a lot of fun and is very helpful. Highly recommended!!!

1 Comments:

At 3/26/2007 11:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is in response to Lori Stephens

The antworks is made for the ants that you order they are ALOT bigger and will not escape. Also to ease your mind...the ants can live on the air inside the thing for their entire lives so plugging the holes will not kill them or distress them....just open up the holes once a week to let some circulation and you will have some very happy ants.

The ants you find in your garden have never seen this gel before and dont know what to do with it....while waiting for my ants to come I put in local ants (just big enough not to escape through the holes) and they made a tiny hole in the side (ignoring my four holes) but I let them go free once the ants came in the mail and boy did the new ants go to WORK they have done more in a day than those others did in a week! The website says that the ants you order have lived their lives in this gel so its no surprise to them. Hope this helps!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home